Qualifications for Office for Archie Magee
As a candidate, I do think I bring to the table some qualifications and experiences that I think make me qualified to be Dayton’s next mayor. Here’s some of my resume:

Recipient - Emerging Educator Award winner from the Ohio Council for the Social Studies while a teacher (later Community Outreach Director) at the Dayton Regional STEM School, where I helped them start their first international internship exchange program in partnership with schools and universities in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Office - Vice President of the Xenia Community Schools Board of Education, where I revamped their superintendent evaluation system for the first time in 20 years. Find an article about my win here.

Career - Mediation Specialist for the Dayton Mediation Center, a part of the City of Dayton, where I was also a trainer (including for the women’s prison peer mediation program) and facilitator and conflict coach and program manager. Also helped produce this short video about the women's peer mediation program.

Presenter - Speaker at multiple conferences on many topics, ranging from best practices in history, political science, and economics education, project-based learning, the Transformative Approach to conflict, and utilizing student voice and voice in curriculum design.

Experiences - Strategic planner who designed plans for the Dayton Regional STEM School, Dayton Mediation Center, and Dayton Sister City Committee.

Office - Vice President for the Dayton Council on World Affairs, where I helped start their Global Views and Local Brews program.

Jobs - Former doorman for the Century Bar and Bartender at Kramer's, where I got to meet a lot of Daytonians (and out-of-towners).

Offices - Former Chair (and former Treasurer, Vice Chair, and Sarajevo Subcommittee Chair) of the Dayton Sister City Committee, where I designed, wrote, received, and managed a $120K US Department of State grant that brought 18 students and three teachers from Bosnia and Herzegovina to Dayton for leadership training (and served as chair while helping Dayton get a Palestinian sister city).

Mental Health Advocate - Author and National Alliance on Mental Health In Your Own Voice speaker/mental health advocate who writes and speaks about living with bipolar disorder, including in my book: One Dude’s Guide to Being Bipolar. Also actively talks about mental health on my social media outlets, including TikTok and YouTube.

Career - A conflict resolution specialist in private practice now, where I go by the moniker “Dayton Conflict Coach,” and help people resolve intra/interpersonal conflicts and design systems that help organizations be proactive about managing conflict more effectively. You can find my website here.
Message brought to you by Friends of Gem City Dudeist Priest Archie Magee
Comments
Post a Comment